Monday, May 3, 2010

MIS - the KILLER with the deadly weapon





I have just completed my fourth semester BCA examination. Like all students it does get the burden of your head but I have to make a mention of this horrid subject called “Management Information Systems”.  This subject is silly sick and not meant students in BCA atleast, who find Computers as their ultimate goals. Well, I would like to keep off those machines who run on the lecturers remote controls, who study for the sake of scoring the best marks.

This horrible is surely a nightmare for those who hate to write long answers or people who don’t really have the patience to do so. It’s a bloody damned text book with up to 20 chapters that screw your brains out of your heads. Honestly, it consists of the most stupid topics like Operating Elements of Information System, Model of Communication System, Distributed Systems, Database, Physical vs. logical models of data, Hashed file organization, Index file organization , Sequential file organization, Relational database structure, Transaction processing, Behavioural model of decision phase, Decision making process, Decision tree, Classical economic model, Newell-Simon Model, Cognition theory, Human Machine Systems, Decoupling, Law of Requisite variety, Model of organizational structure, Organizational learning, Levitt Model of Organizational subsystems, 3 stage model of planning process, basic model of organizational structures and many more.


The headings seem so much similar that you have to spend a long time gazing into the questions so that you decide what the answer is for that and then write, that's the worst part. Or you will surely end up writing the answer of “behavioural model of decision making” for the question “behavioural model of decision maker”. Moreover you can see the word “Organisation” taking the highlight. Everywhere you find the word “Organisation” following you. It was fine if it was only following you, these irritate you. It is a wretched subject. This subject has no boundaries. I can’t imagine the plight of my lecturer who managed to complete the syllabus somehow. 


We used to discuss the answer by group studying, asking doubts, but barely manage to pass. Even those descendants of Mahatma Gandhiji, were in our category bribing The Almighty, to somehow clear their subjects. My seniors also hate the subject; they were around 20 of them who had a backlog because of this horrible subjects. Even a mere 2 marks worth answer can extend up to pages As far as ten marks answers are concerned, you can stop thinking as they can extend up to a few ten’s at the most. This subject had ruined my peace of mind. As I was speaking to one of my lecturers, it was quite astonishing to hear that even the BBM students have this subject but they are used to this writing job and have no complaints. Now that was shocking but I have no intensions to change my mind "I hate this subject called MIS". We also have a community in orkut for the MIS haters. http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#Community?cmm=59151110, opened by senior, Talen. This community comprises of Aloysians alone but i’m sure this horrid subject has irritated many others.


I profusely thank my lecturer, Mr. Ravindraswamy, who gave us around 60 important questions. Had it not been for him we would have never completed studying let alone clearing it this semester. I’m really happy for getting this big burden off my head and so are my friends.
My lecturer, Mr. Shailendra, has put on his best efforts to help us with the subject I have to extend my thanks to him also.
Swami Sir   |  Shailendra Sir
                                                                                                       

All that I can say to my dear juniors is that you will also be in our condition on your fourth semester. I’m sure you will in the race to finish this sick subject rather than race for being the topper.Start studying now itself nahi toh bahut baari padne wala hain. Dil pe apne haath rakke bolo All iz Well.

“All the Best Juniors.”








5 comments:

cartoonistnikhilpai said...

ah deadly photos................

Nischitha Sharath said...

true!! tis is a horrible subject

Monisha said...

ya now juniors chance ... :P

Sapna said...

Exactly... Nightmare sub.. :-(

Nischitha Sharath said...

we a happy to be done wit it:)

Post a Comment