Monday, May 10, 2010

Spirits - Do they exist??


“Do spirits exist?”

Well, I don’t know if this question will be appreciated. Many who believe in spirits might be too scared to read further and there are others to whom the word hardly makes any difference. I don’t know how far it is true but my granny narrated her experience when she was a kid.

It so happened that at her neighbourhood a lady who was ditched by her lover committed suicide by hanging herself on the areca nut tree. One night when she was coming out of the bathroom she was a lady putting on her Saree. The lady had long hair and was clad in white saree. My granny was really scared but went to talk to her. When she saw the lady face, she was terrified because it was the same lady. My granny was in real and had high fever for the next week. Her dad who had realized that it was a spirit, he dint wanted it to hover around in the neighbourhood as there were kids, he was scared that the spirit may harm them

Therefore one night he went to the chase the spirit of the area. Earlier there was a belief that spirits cannot face the broom. Therefore mu Great Grand Dad armed with a broom went to her. He started chasing her. When she reached the end of the lane she couldn’t cross it, and the spirit just raised herself and flew high above and disappeared. It was not to be found later.

The mystery on why couldn’t she cross the lane isn’t still answered. My Granny says that there was a picture of Lord Ganesha on the gate that ends the lane.

How far it is true is known, but the questions on spirits existence are still alive. I have spoken about spirits and I’m back to the place where I’ve started my blog from, “Do spirits exist?”

You can share your experiences here. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment